Vacancy - Contracts Manager
Categories: Sweet News
H Sweet and Sons are looking to recruit an additional Contracts Manager to join the team.
This is an exciting time to join a growing, ambitious national contractor. If you are looking for a new opportunity with an organisation that encourages people with a growth mindset to challenge the status quo and effect change then this could be the right role for you.
Reporting to the Head of Construction, the post-holder will have an office base with travel required to perform regular site visits to projects across the South West and further afield.
To be responsible for the overall performance of each of the projects under his/her control in respect of health & safety, time, cost and quality and for the ultimate delivery of between 2 and 4 projects at any one time with a total value of around £8 million. This will involve client interaction and overseeing site-based teams, working in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is of utmost importance and the quality of the build is of an exceptional standard.
To maintain continuous professional development to ensure appropriate technical and professional awareness.
- Attend tender interviews as required.
- Produce Health & Safety and Environmental Plans for projects.
- Take part in and/or chair design development meetings.
- Chair pre-let package meetings with sub-contractor / package contractors.
- Produce a Quality Plan for the project.
- Produce a Procurement Schedule.
- Produce a request for information system (RFI) from the design team.
- Ensure that all pre-start planning conditions have been satisfied and that contact has been established with building control.
- Produce and develop project programmes and control operations to achieve on-time delivery.
- Monitor the site team’s performance via regular site visits and monthly marking of supply chain.
- Monitor and maintain control over the programme, procurement schedule and environmental plan.
- Ensure that information is received in a timely way via regular upkeep of the RFI schedule.
- Chair coordination meetings with sub-contractors to ensure smooth running of the project.
- Monitor Health & Safety and Environmental performance through site visits and close liaison with specialist internal managers of these disciplines.
- Manage the relationship with the client to the best effect, liaising with subcontractors and suppliers to deliver to agreed scope, dates and targets; maintain good working relationships.
- Attend project progress meetings with a comprehensive progress report as per the company template.
- Review performance against targets; identify and manage potential risks and opportunities.
- Write contractual notice letters in line with the particular form of contract in use.
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting on progress and instigate corrective action as required; escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Manage community relations and ensure appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business.
- Read and accurately interpret specifications, drawings, preliminaries and contract documentation, ensuring project team(s) understanding of drawings and technical specifications.
- Issue subcontractors with regular short-term programmes to ensure planned progress is achieved; manage sub-contractor performance.
- Manage the relationship with the design team regardless of the form of procurement.
- Attend monthly internal cost meetings and agree profit targets.
- Provide all necessary information for the preparation of the health and safety files.
- Monitor, nurture and manage supply chain relationships.
- Ensure any snags remaining at handover (or any that arise post-handover) are dealt with as a matter of urgency.
- Assist the client care team in the resolution of any latent defects.
- Liaise with marketing team to ensure that positive aspects are captured for promotion of the company, as well as identifying any lessons learnt.
- Contribute to the business development of the company and safeguard the company interests.
Qualifications and Training
- Accurate interpretation of contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Able to create and share build programmes.
- Construction related HND/degree or trade qualified background.
- Minimum 10 years Site/Project Management experience.
- Demonstrates Commercial awareness
- Significant experience as either a multi-project Project Manager or Contracts Manager for a main contractor.
- Track record of delivering a range of refurbishment and new build projects on time and to budget.
- Has delivered projects of at least £3million in individual value.
Qualities and Attitude
- Able to commute and willing to travel to projects in the region.
- Demonstrates Leadership
- Ability to manage teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Ability to select, manage and motivate project teams.
- Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook.
- MS Project or Asta.
To apply, please complete the Application Form below and send to Comms@hsweetandsons.com along with your CV!
We have been appointed to the Cardiff Metropolitan University Minor Building Works and Refurbishment Framework Agreement
15 Aug - We are delighted to have been appointed to the Cardiff Metropolitan University Minor Building Works and Refurbishment Framework Agreement, which will run…
New project at WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre - £1.85m
22 Jul - WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre near Gloucester has undergone several phases of redevelopment over recent years, the latest being built by us, is a new visitor…
H Sweet and Sons- Application Form
08 Jul - Attached to this article is our Application Form for those who wish to apply for a job within our company.
We ask you complete this and send…